1. Be gentle and kind
2. Show respect to everyone you meet (whether you think they deserve it or not)
3. Pay attention to the little things (often that makes you stand out from the crowd)
4. Do everything wholeheartedly, with passion and love
5. Be flexible, adaptable, and open to change
6. Don’t complicate your life with lots of oughts, musts and shoulds
7. Encourage other people to be all that they can be.
We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, you can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you would threaten the man. Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing, but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are. Feminist: a person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexesChimamanda Ngozi Adichie (via larmoyante)
These guys are so inspiring. I remember I used to watch their show every week and it would sometimes bring me to tears to see how passionate they are about living fully and getting others to as well.
shout out to everybody who has school soon
i believe in you
you will be excellent this year
and if you’re not that’s ok too it doesn’t mean you’re not smart
just remember to take care of yourself because your mental health is more important than your grades ok?
group hug ily all